Lumber Thicknesses: 4/4 through 16/4
Lumber Grades: Prime, Selects, Select Strips, Com/sel, 2 Common, Frame Stock
Color Grades: #1 White, Sap and Better, #1/2 White, Brown
Rift and Quartered Material Available
Sheet Goods: Available in a Variety of Grades
FSC Certified Material Stocked
- The sapwood is creamy white with a slight reddish brown tinge and the heartwood varies from light to dark reddish brown.
- The amount of darker heartwood can vary significantly according to growing region.
- The wood has a close fine, uniform texture and is generally straight-grained but known to have some figure in pieces.
- Hard maple has medium density, as well as good bending and crushing strengths.
- Hard maple is heavy, hard and strong.
- Normally close-grained with a uniform texture. Hard maple machines, glues and turns well and can be easily stained.